Berlin Economics is looking for an international short-term expert in the area of eCommerce in order to support the companies of the Republic of Moldova to increase international sales.
Time of performance: March 2021 – June 2021
Working Days (WD): up to 10 international expert days (home based)
Tasks to be performed:
- Identification of obstacles and challenges for Moldovan companies to increase cross border sales
- Elaboration of a detailed process description in a form of a scheme / mapping of the processes related to access of Moldovan companies to international eCommerce, covering two major aspects:
- technical / organizational processes and obstacles for private companies and proposed solutions and
- legal/institutional constrains and options for solutions (including proposals for policy adjustments and technical support for companies to increase exports via online channels)
Note: the assignment will be performed in cooperation with a local expert. The tasks may be split between the experts or mutually completed between the experts.
- Brief approach to the assignment (1 week from start of the assignment)
- Detailed process description, including schematic presentation (mapping) of the access to international electronic B2C trade for Moldovan companies, including bottlenecks and roadblocks (2 months from start of the assignment)
- Proposals for policy adjustments and technical support for companies to increase exports via online channels (3 months from start of the assignment)
- Presentation of the findings to the selected stakeholders (3 months from start of the assignment)
- Relevant higher education (academic degree in economics, with preferable major in international trade or a lawyer specialised in eCommerce);
- Relevant professional background – at least 3 years of policy and / or technical experience in trade, especially external trade;
- Extensive knowledge of technical aspects, international regulations and practical features of eCommerce;
- Knowledge and experience with international trade platforms, such as Amazon, Ebay etc. represent a significant advantage;
- Fluency in English language (knowledge of Romanian language would be an asset)
If you are Interested please sent your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with indication of “P161 eCommerce Short-Term Expert” in the subject line.