Berlin Economics is an independent consultancy advising governments worldwide on economic and energy policy issues. Our clients include numerous German federal ministries, the GIZ, the EU Commission and international institutions such as the OECD. We are a growing company with an increasing need for staff.
For our Energy and Climate division, we are looking for a
In our current project “Low Carbon Ukraine”, funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) within the framework of the International Climate Initiative (IKI), we are advising the Ukrainian government on strategies and policy measures for achieving a lower-emission development path. The task includes both strategic and very detailed operational issues at the interface of energy and climate policy. The project identifies relevant issues together with Ukrainian decision-makers, works in a data-based, results-oriented and transparent manner. Where possible, project results are developed in cooperation with Ukrainian experts in order to ensure the political relevance of the issues addressed, to make the best use of local knowledge and to strengthen political ownership.
- Overall responsibility for the content and financial aspects of the project and the project management, technical steering and leadership of the project team
- Target-oriented communication with the client and partner institutions
- Identification of topics on energy and climate policy issues in Ukraine in coordination with the project partners
- Conception and writing of advisory papers, studies and presentations with the involvement of the project team as well as presentation of the results to high-ranking political partners in Ukraine
- Regular business trips to Ukraine within the framework of the project
- Completed studies in economics / Master of Science in Economics or comparable subject, PhD advantageous
- Several years of professional experience in international policy consulting with a focus on Eastern Europe
- Sound technical and methodological knowledge in the analysis of energy and climate policy issues
- Several years of leadership experience in managing projects as well as strong intercultural competence and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, resilience, high degree of reliability, accuracy and discretion as well as professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Business fluent in German and English; Russian or Ukrainian an advantage
What we offer
- Challenging and varied work with a young and committed team
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies
- A permanent job in Berlin-Charlottenburg with excellent public transport connections
- 30 days holiday per year
Please send your application with the usual documents (letter of application, curriculum vitae and references) only electronically in one coherent PDF file (max. 5 MB) with the subject “Project Manager LCU” to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please also contact us via this address.
We look forward to receive your application!